Dallas Roofing Contractor, Longhorn Commercial Roofing, Has Expertise in the Installation of Reinforced Ply Systems
Reinforced ply systems add a strengthening ply of fabric between layers of elastomeric roof coating. Experience a long-lasting fix for leaks, cut your energy consumption markedly and end water pooling.
This roofing system harnesses the toughness of fabric to reinforce your roof. The result is an exceptionally strong roof that provides long, maintenance-free life. Systems are custom built to take into account the particulars of your roof.
- The existing roof is thoroughly prepared; power washing is perfect for removing oil, dirt, debris, or oxidation. A clean roof ensures optimum bonding to the existing roof and adds to its useful life.
- An elastomeric base coat is sprayed on, and brushed or rolled on where necessary; this is the foundation of reinforced ply systems.
- Next, the special layer of fabric – often polyester –- is laid. This process seals any seams or breaks on your existing roof surface. The base coat and the fabric are engineered to bond tightly.
- A second layer of base coat goes on next, so that the top side of the fabric has a bonded base coat.
- The fourth and final layer is the specially-engineered top coat that completes reinforced ply systems.
The result is a four-ply watertight membrane, with extra strength from the embedded fabric. It will stand up to extreme weather, resist punctures from flying debris or dropping tree branches, and expand and contract in temperature changes. This eliminates the possibility of cracks.
Fabric reinforcement dramatically improves many kinds of roofs. Ply roofing is ideal for most flat roofs, low-sloped roofs, high density concrete, built-up (BUR) roofing and metal roofs.
Top three Ways the Top Coat of Reinforced Ply Systems Lower Your Costs
- Cutting cooling costs dramatically: The final ply is a so-called “reflective” color, often white. It is designed to reflect, rather than absorb the sun’s rays. It can cut the temperature on your roof in half. This cuts in half the heat passing into your commercial or industrial space. The utility cost savings are often significant enough for your new roof to pay for itself in only seven years. On top of that, your air conditioning system isn’t working nearly as hard, so it lasts longer.
- Far lower upfront costs: reinforced ply systems are less expensive than replacing your entire roof. Our commercial and industrial building customers tell us they have delayed dealing with chronic roofing problems because they don’t have the cash for total roof replacement. They are surprised and enthused when they call us and discover the affordability of our systems.
- Low-interest loans and tax credits available: Light-colored roofing is the trend in roof refurbishing because of the energy savings. Some local and state governments offer incentives to upgrade to a “cool roof”. The federal government offers tax incentives for certain kinds of roofs.
Reinforced ply systems are installed with far less noise, inconvenience, or mess
Some satisfied customers mention how little disturbance their customers, clients and employees noticed during installation. The entire process can be finished in a several days, there is no tear off to create a disturbance, no tar smell, and minimal disruption.
Reinforced ply systems combine the strength of fabric with the demonstrated power of an elastomeric coating. Contact us online or call 972-893-1993 to give your roof maximum protection.
We confidently provide reinforced ply systems in Dallas and all throughout Texas, including Dallas, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Houston and Amarillo.