We Provide Metal Standing Seam Roof Installation and Service in Dallas TX
A metal standing seam roof is exceptionally durable, puncture resistant and useful for new construction as well as re-roofing projects. In our more than 40 years in construction, we’ve witnessed the introduction of this roof, seen it consistently updated and improved, and have experienced its track record of standing up to the elements.
A Lightweight Product for Heavy Duty Protection
The factory-made metal roof panels we install are comparatively light – about 1.5 pounds per square foot. But don’t let that fool you. The strength is in the engineering.
The steps to fasten together the seams is the key:
- Each metal standing seam roof panel has a raised seam of two to three inches. This is the “standing seam” that gives this roofing innovation its name.
- The turned up edges are interlocked.
- The seams are permanently bonded with a watertight organic sealant and a seaming machine completes the seal.
- Panels are attached to the substructure, and to one another, with clips that are specially designed to allow the panels to expand and contract as roof temperature rises in the heat of sun, then cools in the dark of night. In other roofing materials, this causes cracks, leaks and roof failure.
“Thermal movement” has been engineered in to a metal standing seam roof. The clips allow equal movement in either direction and prevent damage. The clips do not penetrate the metal or watertight sealant, so corrosion can’t occur.
The result is the best roof for everything from a 100,000 square foot warehouse to a “big box” retail outlet to a commercial building. It has been used in half of all low-rise commercial and industrial buildings constructed in the last several years.
The Exceptional Benefits of a Metal Standing Seam Roof
- In most projects, a metal roof can be installed right over the existing roof, eliminating costly and time-consuming tear-offs. Owners do not need to close the building or keep out employees from the area being re-roofed.
- In both new construction and re-roofing projects, the installation is far faster than with many other products.
- We’ve seem a standing seam metal roof provide 20 years and more of trouble-free life with little or no maintenance.
- This metal roof is designed to stand up to rain, wind and snow. The seam “stands” above the roof’s drainage plane. This effectively solves the ponding that trouble flat roofs. To existing roofs, a sub-frame is attached to provide pitch to the metal standing seam roof.
- Standing seam metal roofs are designed for stability in high winds and have passed wind uplift tests.
- The fire rating is the highest in the industry – Factory Mutual Class A—which can reduce insurance rates.
Metal Roof Coatings
The metal standing seam roof was introduced 25 years ago, and its engineering has been constantly upgraded. If your older version is reaching the end of its anticipated performance, we can install a new one or provide a technology to extend its life. Metal roof coatings take an aging roof to a new level of durability and usefulness. The roof is coated with layers of elastomeric protection, eliminating leaks and averting rust, while transforming your old metal roof from an energy-waster into an energy efficient cost-cutter. Metal roof coatings are the innovative solution for commercial, industrial, farm and ranch structures.
A metal standing seam roof is the first choice for larger buildings. For a metal standing seam roof that stands up to Texas weather, contact us online or call 972-893-1993 to speak to a Dallas TX roofing contractor .
We will install your metal standing seam roof anywhere in Texas, including Dallas, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Houston and Amarillo.