High Technology – Low Cost – No Seams
The installation of a sprayed polyurethane foam (SPF) roofing system for your building, whether on a new roof or an existing roof, offers a high-technology solution for your commercial roofing in San Antonio, that saves you money in numerous ways. Spray foam roofing is applied as a liquid that expands several times its original thickness forming a seamless, watertight, monolithic roof coating. Even when damaged, SPF prevents leaks, due to its closed cell structure. It literally requires damage completely through the SPF for leaks to occur, and even then, water will only enter at site of damage. Its superior adhesion also offers the benefit of strengthening the roof, and providing a solution for roofs where wind uplift is an issue.
In addition, SPF is also an excellent insulator, reducing the energy costs of heating and air conditioning by more than 30 percent. SPF requires very little maintenance or repair, and if damage occurs, during a storm with blowing debris, for example, repair is simple, and the roof is good as new. By providing proper care, an SPF roof can last indefinitely, and may very well be the last commercial roofing in San Antonio you will ever need to buy.
Foam Roof Density and R-Value
The density of SPF is variable according to your needs. For example, a roof with high foot traffic will need a denser roof than one with minimal traffic. The higher density provides increased strength and a higher R-value.
SPF Corrects Problems
A factor to remember is that repairs are provided prior to the application of SPF. Missing attachments and flapping membrane require repair, for example. Once repairs are complete, and the surface properly prepped, SPF is applied. Once SPF is applied any leaks are sealed, and the roof is a fully adhered watertight roof without seams. SPF offers additional benefits. For example, a roof with an improper slope can be built up in the area required to provide the slope needed for proper drainage.
Sprayed Polyurethane Foam is a combination of two components pumped separately to the spray gun, where they are mixed and sprayed on the substrate. The mixing and spraying requires experience, skill, and knowledge. This is why it is imperative to assure a qualified roofer for the installation of an SPF roofing system. Longhorn Construction’s roofers offer all of the required expertise, as well as the certification. Our roofers assure the proper preparation and the application of SPF for your commercial roofing in San Antonio.
Once applied, SPF can be walked on in minutes. After application, a protective elastomeric top coat is applied. Spray foam roofing offers many advantages over traditional roofing; the following are highlights of the numerous benefits:
- Seamless SPF is applied as a liquid, creating a monolithic membrane that covers the entire roof. This eliminates seams with the potential for leaks.
- Flexible SPF can be sprayed onto almost any roof surface. In addition, it is ideal for irregularly shaped roofs and protrusions. With SPF roofing, flashing is not required as it forms its own watertight seal for protrusions.
- SPF provides solar reflectivity, reducing the building’s heat gain and roof deterioration from the sun’s heat and UV rays.
- SPF reduces the building’s contribution to the urban heat island effect.
- SPF lowers the building’s interior temperature during the summer, while insulating against cold during the winter, reducing energy costs year round.
- SPF provides an escalated return on the investment in energy and maintenance cost savings.
- Lightweight SPF provides a lightweight option for your building’s commercial roofing in San Antonio. SPH weighs a fraction of the weight for traditional roofing. This enables roofs that would otherwise require tearing off to take advantage of SPF, saving on the cost of a new roof, and preventing the need for landfill fees.
- The insulating quality of SPF offers the best available for commercial roofing in San Antonio today. Furthermore, it is effective in significantly reducing the cost of heating and cooling in your business.
- Sustainable spray foam roofing requires minimal upkeep, and offers an indefinite lifespan for your building’s commercial roofing in San Antonio.
- Resists impact and storm damage.
For more than 40 years, Longhorn Construction has provided solutions for commercial roofing in San Antonio, and throughout the state of Texas. Our professional, certified commercial roofers bring experience, expertise, integrity and a dedication to providing first quality roofing, and customer satisfaction with your roofing project. To schedule the installation of spray foam roofing, or other commercial roofing options, give us a call. We will provide you with a free roof estimate, and be glad to discuss all of our roofing systems with you.