Built-up Roofing is a popular asphalt roofing system for flat and low slope roofs. The BUR roof is a proven product, and with proper maintenance can last 40 years and longer. Longhorn Construction’s roofing professionals can provide you with a free roof estimate, and the information you need for selecting the commercial roofing in Dallas right for your building, budget and goals.
BUR roofs are composed of layers of roofing felts, between which bitumen as been applied. Surfacing options include aggregate, glass fiber or mineral surface cap sheets, and others. Roof coatings can be applied to the BUR roofs surfacing material, reducing the effects of UV radiation, and consequently reducing the cost of heating and air conditioning costs.
Your roofing contractor will consider the following when considering a BUR roofing system for your building’s commercial roofing in Dallas:
1. The slope of the roof
2. Roof drainage
4. The structural load capacity of your building’s roof
5. Any inadequacy of the roof deck
6. U. L. fire classification requirements
7. The comparison of repair vs. replacement
8. The assessment for roof tear off vs. potential for roof over
The Benefits of a BUR Roofing System
• Provides excellent waterproofing
• Resistant to high wind and hail events
• Provides ultra-violet (UV) protection of the roof
• Low maintenance needs
• Easy to repair
• Durable with a long lifespan
• Can withstand heavy foot traffic
• Resists weathering
• Provides energy efficiency throughout the year
• Can be surfaced with minerals or gravel
• Fire resistant rating when an approved surfacing material is applied
• Offers long lasting commercial roofing in Dallas for a cost effective option.
The quality of craftsmanship your roofer provides for all steps of the installation, is just as important as the quality of the roofing materials. The proper preparation of the surface is essential for the lifespan and performance of built-up roofing. Longhorn Construction will ensure the proper preparation, and installation. All techniques of the roofing process will meet or exceed the industry standards. Any required repairs will be professionally provided before the installation, and the surface thoroughly cleaned and free of any paint, rust, oil, dirt, grease, gravel or other contaminates that could jeopardize the quality of installation.
After the installation is complete, if you have requested the application of a reflective roof coating, our roofing crews will apply it to the roof. A reflective roof coating will provide protection of the commercial roofing in Dallas against UV rays, and the premature aging it causes. In addition, a coating will provide the additional benefit of reducing heat gain and utility costs.
Gravel Ballasted BUR Systems
Gravel ballasted BUR roof systems form a protective and insulating layer. Gravel Ballasted Roofing Systems are popular for providing the following benefits:
• Resistance to wind uplift
• Improved aesthetics
• Fire resistant
• Accomodates structural building movement
Longhorn Construction offers the expertise of installing almost 3 billion square feet of roofing installations. Such extensive experience enables our crews to provide a superior level of quality and service to its customers. We offer all major roofing materials for your buildings commercial roofing in Dallas. Serving the State of Texas for its commercial roofing needs, Longhorn Construction offers a wide range of roofing services, including the built-up roofing system, and other fine roofing systems. Contact us today for a free roofing estimate, and/or additional information.